Classic Cantonese noodles never get old.
Recipe by Suen Kam-sing, executive chef, Dynasty.
*Featured in Crave’s Issue 82, April 2017
PREP & COOK TIME
100g flat egg noodles
1 shiitake mushroom
1 spring onion
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1⁄2 tbsp chicken powder
1⁄2 tbsp sugar
20g soy sauce
4 medium raw shrimps, peeled
4 stalks choi sum
5g dried shrimp roe
1. Cook noodles
- Blanch the at egg noodles in boiling water for five to 10 seconds, then rinse in cold water to remove the alkalinity. Return the noodles to the boiling water for another 20 seconds until completely cooked. Boil the noodles again for another 20 seconds until completely cooked.
2. Prepare and cook ingredients
- Finely slice the mushroom and spring onion. Heat some oil in a wok and stir-fry the mushroom and spring onions. Add the oyster sauce, chicken powder, sugar, soy sauce and water to make a sauce. Add the noodles and cook for 90 seconds.
- Blanch the shrimp in boiling water, then, in a separate pan, stir-fry them. Boil the choi sum.
- Place the noodle mixture in a bowl and top with the choi sum, shrimp, and dried shrimp roe.