Rise and shine with this hearty breakfast sandwich.
Recipe by The Butchers Club Burger’s founder Aarik Persaud and general manager Chase Morgan.
Prep Time and Cook Time
15 minutes; 15 minutes
English muffins (8)
Clarified butter (16 tbsp)
Smoked cheddar cheese (8 slices)
Irish sausage patty
Black pepper (4g)
Garlic powder (4g)
Onion powder (6g)
Mustard powder (7g)
Apple purée (675ml)
British pork shoulder, minced (8kg)
1. Toast the English muffins
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Cut the English muffins in half and brush the cut sides with clarified butter.
- Toast for five minutes.
2. Fry an egg sunny side up
- In a frying pan, crack egg into an egg ring.
- Fry gently for two to three minutes or until egg is set.
3. Form the sausage patty
- Using your hands, mix all Irish sausage patty ingredients and form into patties, each about the same diameter as the muffin. In a frying pan over medium heat, fry patties for four to six minutes until cooked through.
4. Melt cheese over patty
- While the patty is still cooking, place a slice of cheese over each patty, and heat for about four minutes or until slightly melted.
5. Assemble the sandwich
- Slice the fresh tomato. Assemble the sandwich in this order: muffin base, tomato, sausage patty (with cheese) and egg.
- Cap the top and enjoy.