Layer chocolate mousse and banana for a quick, easy and very decadent cake.
Recipe by Wong Yim-yin, junior chef chocolatier at Godiva.
Godiva chocolate, 50% cocoa (500g)
Rice Krispies (100g)
Whipping cream (500ml)
Fresh banana slices (100g)
- Melt 400g of the chocolate over a bain marie until it forms a smooth texture.
- To make the base, mix the Rice Krispies with 200g of the melted chocolate and spread over a baking sheet. Use a cake mould with a 16cm diameter to cut out the base. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the cream for 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened without peaks forming. Add 200g of the melted chocolate and whisk for another three minutes.
- In a cake mould, add the base and top with alternate layers of chocolate mousse and banana slices. Serve immediately or refrigerate for four hours.
- Pour the rest of the melted chocolate over the cake.