This soup can be served hot or chilled – use organic ingredients if cooking this for kids.
Recipe by Carmen Li, publisher and editor-in-chief of Crave.
Prep Time and Cook Time
30 mins; 1 hour
• Corn on the cob (4)
• Onion (1)
• Carrot, medium (1)
• Garlic, minced (1 clove)
• Chicken broth (1 cup)
• Butter (1 tbsp)
• Double cream (1 tbsp)
• Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté the vegetables
• Chop the vegetables into small dice. In a large pot, heat butter on a medium-low heatand add garlic, onions, carrots and corn. Sauté until soft and translucent (about 10 minutes), taking care not to burn the garlic.
Simmer the ingredients
• Add chicken broth, stir and heat. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Blend the soup
• Pour the broth and vegetables into a blender and blend until creamy.
Filter the substance
• Pass the soup through a sieve several times until silky smooth.
Add cream and seasoning
• Place the soup back into the pot and warm over low heat. Gently fold in the double cream and season with salt and pepper.
• Serve the soup in flat bowls. The soup can be served chilled in summer or piping hot with a drizzle of warm cream in winter.